10.02.2009

Read 'n' Seed 1: Smashed

The book I chose for Read 'n' Seed is called Smashed. The book is written from the author's perspective and covers all her encounters with alcohol, from her first taste up to her now alcohol-free life. Along the way she tells the stories of situations she deals with and friends she goes through. It should be a good thing to read having been in college for a few years and seen people drink this much firsthand.


I chose this book because I am really interested in alcohol education, especially at the college level. I don't think some kids realize that drinking in college can lead to a lot bigger problems later on, even alcoholism. Here are some links to reviews about the book:

Curled up with a good book
New York Times
London Times

There are 13 chapters and 339 pages. The book is sort of divided into four parts, which I will divvy up among the quarters. The first quarter I will read Initiation. The second quarter I will read The Usual. The third quarter I will read Excess, and the fourth quarter I will read Abuse. I am looking forward to this eye-opening biography!

5 comments:

  1. Your read n seed sounds amazing.. LUCKY! I'm almost jealous at how interesting your book sounds. Great find dude!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your books sounds really interesting! That is true that college kids don't realize that how much they drink now could effect them in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an awesome book and a great eye opener! I am looking forward to see your posts about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is certainly a great deal to know about this topic.
    I like all of the points you've made.

    Also visit my web-site ... Flappy Bird Cheats

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cited by many because the single most important influence upon post modern micro eco compartmentalism, spasmodically it profits to create a
    new passion amongst who study its background. Here begins my indepth
    analysis of the glourious subject of clash of clans hack.

    Society says that every man must find their own reality.



    My blog Clash of Clans HackClash of Clans CheatsClash of Clans BotClash of Clans Free GemsClash of Clans Unlimited Gems

    ReplyDelete